The Yearbook Committee comes together to showcase 2022-2023 school year at a glance

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has.” The words of a famous anthropologist and a commenter on a wide range of societal issues Margaret Mead that applied to her during her research and still matter today to the students of Lebanon Trail High School.

The yearbook committee of Lebanon Trail has come together this year to create the 223 page book that highlights the 2022-2023 school year as a whole. 

“Personally, I feel like the committee was able to work together and divide the task very well,” said sophomore Desiree Smith, “When people needed help, we gave it and team work is really important when it comes to such a big project.”

While this organization is a combination of a lot of different people, everyone’s individual job is important.

“I have worked on my spreads and I am a marketing manager, so I manage the Instagram. I also make posters! I am going to be getting a marketing team together,” sophomore MacKenzie Semig said, “I have covered a lot of events, volleyball games, softball, orchestra, JROTC, but my favorite to cover were the football games.”

Being apart of yearbook offers a lot of opportunities to be involved in school events and activities. The fun times can take up the moment but when it comes to completing projects in time, some worrying comes through.

“The committee can be stressful, but it can also be really fun and really engaging. Some of the stresses were just when not every deadline is created and so sometimes we have not a lot of time to get something done,” Nathan Pszyk said, “Like on the track page, I had very little time to get it in because track is so close to the end of the year.”

Relationships and collective bonds have been built over the course of the school year.

“I’m so glad I had the opportunity to meet new people. I was able to meet people on the team and other people during interviews. We were able to come together and connect as a group to come up with ideas as well,” said Desiree Smith.

Although the yearbook took a lot of dedication and hard work, it has allowed the observation of school spirit and has been a good environment for the team to be apart of and showcase.

“My favorite event to cover was the senior night football game. At the beginning of the year people have more energy so the people in the audience they had a lot of energy,” said Nathan Pszyk, “Everyone was decked out with the theme and were screaming at the top of their lungs every time somebody scored a touchdown. Even though we lost, it was still a really fun, supportive experience.”