Breaking News
  • Prom and UIL District Competitions are on April 6
  • Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

LTHS Band Competes Once Again

The air was filled with melodious tunes and rhythmic beats as LTHS’s band competed this year. Lebanon Trail’s students gathered to showcase their musical skills for the prestigious title while preparing for the execution of the band.

Time and dedication took place outside of the competition, enduring things like the heat melting off the players’ strength. Percussion section leader Adelyn Parks talks about practice.

“Practice has been going fairly well, most people are great at focusing and we’ve made amazing progress,” Parks said. “But it is a real struggle with the weather and how hot it is.”

The event, hosted at Frisco High, brought together a diverse array of talent and musical styles. These styles include soul-stirring symphonies to bumping drum beats. Best of all, the band as a whole performed a floral piece in winter.

We’re performing a show called Ice Castles,” Parks said. “It doesn’t necessarily really have a storyline, it just describes the joy of winter times, including a lot of snowflakes and castles and ice.”

Among the standout performances showcased by the front ensemble and drum line.  The creativity of their piece left a mark on the hearts of the judges and onlookers, earning them thunderous applause and admiration.

“We had an opportunity to do something different and cool, playing the famous song: “Golden Hour,”” Parks said. “Some of us were able to sing parts. It’s unique and different from any other percussion group that performed.”

However, the competition was not just about group performances, it also showed individual talent. Some band members stepped out to play personal and distinctive pieces solo. One of the seniors in Percussion, Grant Thomas, also a section leader, played a piece dear to his heart.

“I played “Turning Page” dedicated to my grandpa who recently passed away, it was one of his favorite songs and I wanted to take the time to remember him,” Thomas said.

The high school band competition showcased the talent of the young performers while still showing a sense of community and collaboration. As the echoes of the final notes lingered in the air, LTHS’s band reveled in their hard work and success.