Breaking News
  • Prom and UIL District Competitions are on April 6
  • Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Stockyard Re-opens for 2023 School Year

On Oct. 10th, 2023, the LTHS Stockyard, a school-affiliated student-operated convenience store, officially opened for business.  

The stockyard encompasses a variety of products, snacks and other items. 

The stockyard offers a diverse range of products, including various types of candy, chips, cookies, beverages, coffee, hot chocolate, utensils, and merchandise such as Lebanon Trail and DECA T-shirts,DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America) Stockyard Manager Arnav Senapathi said. 

The stockyard is run by the organization DECA and was made as an initiative to get students more involved in real-world scenarios.

“At present, the stockyard is overseen and managed by the LTHS DECA officers,” Senapathi said. “However, we will soon be distributing applications for a Stockyard Committee, offering DECA members an opportunity to contribute and earn volunteer hours.”

This benefits DECA members beyond volunteer hours and facilitates learning about real-world business management. 

“The operation of the school store is advantageous to DECA officers as the generated revenue is channeled into the LTHS DECA funds, which, in turn, support various student-sponsored programs and contribute to community welfare,” Senapathi said. “DECA officers play a pivotal role in facilitating this process.” 

To participate in the school store, students must be a part of DECA, however they do not need to hold an officer position.

“I think it’s a great way to practice your retail skills and it’s fun to see people from the school come in to buy snacks, hang out with friends, and have a good time,” DECA Co-President Shreenidhi Kunta said. 

Volunteering to work at the school store provides a chance for students to get hands-on experience working in a business. 

“I am eagerly looking forward to the chance to oversee the school store and witness a thriving business venture,” Senapathi said. 

Students can purchase merchandise or concessions from the stockyard during both blocks of Mega Lunch, Tuesday through Friday.