Breaking News
  • Prom and UIL District Competitions are on April 6
  • Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

HOSA: A firsthand point of view

Riya Kulkarni
The “Bentist” provides a speech at HOSA

As I stepped into the bustling school, excitement and anticipation enveloped me. I was about to embark upon my first journey as a member of the Texas Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) and I was beyond excited.

Amidst a spread of eager faces, I found fellow HOSA members from Lebanon Trail. We were united by our passion for healthcare and our drive to win. The air was thick with conversation as we exchanged stories, nerves, and encouragement. The opening ceremony was engaging and included speeches from keynote speakers, including TikTok influencer, “The Bentist.”

But beyond the competition and ceremonies, Texas HOSA offered many opportunities for growth and development. Workshops led by industry professionals provided insight into the landscape of healthcare. 

The clock struck 6:30, marking the beginning of my first competition ever. As I dove into the realm of spontaneous writing at the Texas HOSA conference, I couldn’t help but feel a surge of excitement coursing through my veins. The topic was unveiled, an exciting challenge that sparked an interesting point of view in my mind.

I dove into crafting my response, weaving words together. As the final seconds ticked away, I put the finishing touches on my composition. With a sense of pride and accomplishment, I submitted my entry, ready to face whatever outcome awaited.

Amidst the intensity of the competition, we also got the opportunity to get to know other HOSA students. The karaoke machine beckoned a beacon of lighthearted fun amidst the sea of concentration. It was a two-day event, with many exciting opportunities and people to engage with. Laughter and applause filled the air as fellow competitors took to the stage, belting out tunes. It was a nice chance to sing, laugh, and meet new people. 

In the end, it wasn’t about the scores, but the journey itself – a whirlwind of creativity, camaraderie, and karaoke-induced joy. As I left the event that afternoon, I carried with me not just memories, but new friends, and additionally, I also gained a newfound appreciation for the organization, engagement, and insight that the Texas HOSA Area event provided.