Senior Bonfire creates new memories among the senior class

Photo by Alex Wolford

The PTA organizes a multitude of events for seniors to commemorate their final year of high school, and the first of this year was the senior bonfire. A night of games, music, and fun, senior bonfire was put together in order for the seniors to spend a night with their friends reminiscing their experiences in high school while making some new memories as they come closer to their final semester. 

There were many things for seniors to do from sitting around the bonfire to even dancing, the PTA had everything covered. 

Seniors were able to watch the wood being burnt (the bonfire), toast marshmallows, dance and win prizes through the raffle”, senior Hamsini Challa said. 

The event was set up at an empty ranch, and the organizers had to bring their own furniture, build the bonfire, and set up all the decorations. 

“I really liked the atmosphere of the event and all the activities were very enjoyable”, Challa said. “I think the set-up for the event was also very aesthetically pleasing and I loved taking pictures around the ranch. “

Seniors spent time with their friends enjoying the event and all the activities set up for them. 

“I primarily hung out with my friends throughout the bonfire and enjoyed the food, music and took pictures throughout the event,” Challa said. 

The time and effort that the senior parent teacher association was made evident through everything that was set in place for the senior bonfire. 

“It was a lot of fun and a lot of effort was put into it by our senior PTA. I was not expecting them to have such amazing raffle prizes – one of my friends even won a signed FC Dallas jersey,” Shetty said. “Our wonderful Senior PTA catered amazing Mexican food from Dillas, created a s’mores- making station, and even had a huge raffle full of amazing prizes.”

The event was more than just a get together for the seniors, it was a time for them to reflect on all their time in high school as they look forward to new beginnings. 

My favorite part of the event would have to have been gathering around the bonfire with people that I have spent the last 4 years growing with as we watched the wooden 2023 go up in flames, signifying the beginning of the end of our time as a Trailblazer,” senior Gia Shetty said