Breaking News
  • Prom and UIL District Competitions are on April 6
  • Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Humans of LT – Shania Cline

Ms. Cline shares who she is and her life in and out of LTHS
Photo Credit: Legacy Studios
Photo Credit: Legacy Studios

In 2023, LTHS has fresh faces bringing renewed energy, innovation, and enthusiasm to the classroom. Meet Ms. Cline, a brand new high school teacher at LTHS whose experience, life, and advice will be known to this school.

While this is her first year at LTHS, Cline has previously taught at Little Elm High School for three years and had an innovative approach to the knowledge of it.

“I am a graduate student at Texas Tech and am getting my masters in Higher Education Administration,” Cline said. “Although I am currently teaching AP Language and Composition as well as on-level English III which I love.”

Taking a deeper look into Ms. Cline’s life, she enjoys many things outside of education, including her guilty pleasure in video games.

“I enjoy playing video games, but some games give me a tremendous amount of anxiety, so I will just watch a walkthrough of someone else [crushing] the game,” Cline said. “For example, Dead Space was too scary for me, and when I got to the region in the Elden Ring when hands were popping up out of the ground, I was done.”

Ms. Cline not only cherishes her students but also her family at heart. 

“My family currently consists of me, my boyfriend Brett, and our six-year-old cat Mushu whom I love dearly,” Cline said.

She has many hopes for her students, like encouraging them to set the bar higher for their abilities. 

“I hope to work with students who were formerly classified as SPED in high school and help them transition into higher education,” Cline said.

To conclude, if Ms. Cline were to give one piece of advice to new high schoolers, it would be to embrace peace and quiet.

“Practice solitude,” Cline said. “Having friends is very important for your development and growth as an individual, but you should also be comfortable spending time just by yourself. This will come in handy during both your high school and post-secondary school life.”