Breaking News
  • Prom and UIL District Competitions are on April 6
  • Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Class of 24′ Memorialize with Senior Sunrise

As the rise of a new school year sets in, the kick-off of senior traditions commences. On Friday, August 18th, the Lebanon Trail’s Student Council organized and hosted the senior class of 24’s own senior sunrise. 

Senior sunrise took place in the field behind the LT cafeteria at around 6 a.m., lasting all throughout the morning. Activities such as games and music were incorporated into the morning, along with a catered breakfast courtesy of the PTSA. 

Many seniors came blanket and camera in hand, the majority already hanging out in groups made up of 3 to 7 people, snapping a picture or two waiting for the sun to rise. 

“My favorite part is normally, we [Stuco] always try to take as many pictures as possible,” said Student Council Vice President and Senior, Beatrice Levin. “It was honestly really nice getting to talk to them [the groups] while taking their pictures.”

Student Council had a big hand in organizing the event with preparation starting all the way back in July. They worked on pushing the event out to the seniors with advertising on posters and platforms such as Instagram and TikTok.

“We worked on making the big senior sunrise poster that everyone signed and also made sure that to keep in touch with all the coaches in order to get balls, games, and equipment out for the actual senior sunrise itself,” said Levin. 

All in all, Senior Sunrise brought many seniors together creating a very successful morning, marking the beginning of a memorable senior year.