Seussical – LTHS’s Upcoming Musical Production

Seussical - LTHSs Upcoming Musical Production

The first musical throughout Lebanon Trail High School history is the Suessical Jr. In the musical, Tony-award winning, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, created the instrumentals, lyrics, and scripts.

Main characters in the musical consist of all-time favorites from Dr. Seuss, such as The Cat in the Hat and Horton the elephant. In summarization, Suessical Jr. interacts with its audience, pulling them into the land of Whoville that is located on an actual speck that Horton discovered by his hearing containing microscopic citizens, called Whos. The Cat in the Hat brings along Jojo, a thinker, and tells the story of the gentle elephant Horton, who seeks to save the entire population of Whos from the danger of the giant outside world. Lessons of friendship, devotion, and community are portrayed to the audience through comical lines and interactive songs. The New York Times states “Suessical is 85 minutes of sweetness, humor and energetic high spirits unencumbered by the elephantine excesses of the original.”

This year, the theatre teacher, Mr. Holloman, the choir teacher, Mr. Buntyn, and the dance teacher, Ms. Mason, direct the production. Students who auditioned went through a series of sight script readings, dance lessons, and most importantly, singing. The cast will be learning the production throughout the months of November and early December. Matt T. will be featured as Jojo, Ariana P. as the Cat and the Hat, and Sai M. as Horton. The opening night is the 15th of December, and will go on until the 17th at 7:30 each night. Students and teachers in the Fine Arts department are excited for the musical and are anticipating a good show to represent the first musical in Lebanon Trail High School.