UIL Mathematics

UIL+Mathematics

There are three UIL Math teams for Lebanon Trail High School.

The first is General Mathematics, led by Mr. Benschneider. This topic covers general mathematics, and has about 40 questions. Students will have 45 minutes to complete the test. To join the Remind for mathematics, text @ltuilmath to 81010 or enter the code on the remind app.

Practice Problems from the UIL General Mathematics category

The other two categories are headed by Coach Hegmann. The Number Sense category is compiled of mental math. The questions have to be completed in order, and no writing is allowed. The test is 10 minutes long. The Calculator Application section involves complex expressions which are put into a calculator. This section includes geometry, and is 30 minutes long.

If interested, you can find Mr. Benschneider in room D250 and Coach Hegmann in room D256.Students can participate in any event or all three, regardless of school year or math experience, though algebra is highly recommended. The teachers will give out study guides, tips, vocabulary, and other resources to help students prepare for the upcoming competition.

All UIL categories have both teams of four and individual competitions. Members of Lebanon Trail’s teams will be decided based on interest and mock test scores. There will be awards presented for those who win the actual events.

More information and resources can be found online on the University Interscholastic League (UIL) website.

UIL helps students work on setting goals and achieving them, and is a both a competitive and academic outlet.