Breaking News
  • Prom and UIL District Competitions are on April 6
  • Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

LTHS Tennis Team Triumphs and Tribulations

The Lebanon Trail Tennis Team has accumulated numerous victories under their belt this season. 

While this season has earned them many victories, the team ended their season with a loss to Centennial High School. 

“The season has been well for us,” Hitesh Mamidala, a member of the varsity tennis team, said. “We lost in the regional finals against Centennial high school.” 

However, the team still had multiple challenges come their way. 

“My personal struggles are my mental state during a match,” varsity tennis team member Maika Wendt said. “I break down very easily and usually spiral to the worst case scenario. I overcome them [with] support and cheer from my teammates and coaches and [by] also telling myself positive affirmations.”

Sometimes, the struggles aren’t just internal. 

“Some personal struggles for me are my injuries,” Mamidala said. “I tend to get injured quite a bit and I overcome them by resting a lot and listening to my coaches when they tell me to only play tennis and not any other sports.”

Some students aspire to further their tennis career and take their interest in it to the next level.

“I aspire to get a scholarship in tennis in college and I will definitely continue playing tennis all four years of high school,” Wendt said. 

Students prepare for the tennis matches in many different ways. 

“I prepare for games by resting well the night before, eating a good meal, and drinking lots of water in order to stay hydrated and healthy,” Mamidala said.