Breaking News
  • Prom and UIL District Competitions are on April 6
  • Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Lebanon Trail High School News

The Vanguard

Humans of LT: SRO Jared Hudson

As the new year kicks off, and LTHS welcomes their students and staff back, a new member of staff steps on campus this year.

LTHS’ new SRO– or School Resource Officer, Jared Hudson, walks into a new environment, preparing for the coming academic year. As his first time working at a school, he faces all his duties head on.

“First and foremost, I’m here for the security of the staff and students,” Hudson said. “But day to day, it’s building relationships with the students and community, helping the police community [better improve their] relationships in the world.”

Although Officer Hudson focuses on the safety and community life at LTHS, his duties go beyond safety and interactions with the community.

“Anything that has to do with fights, or criminal damage to property, [those are things] I get involved in,” Hudson said.

Even though his job requires the responsibility of keeping everyone at LTHS safe, he still has fun, bringing some of his hobbies to school.

“I really enjoy building legos, [and] I have some in my office that I like,” Hudson said.

Now, regardless of where he is now, he had to start somewhere in his career, allowing him to get to the point he is at now. He did not go to college to get a degree, and in fact stated you described how people do not need one to become an officer– but it is nice to have some sort of degree to fall back on.

“Having a specific degree doesn’t really help you in law enforcement; just having one kind of helps,” Hudson said. “That way you have a fallback plan because this job is not for everybody.”

Even though he is tucked away in A hall, and he has legos stacked upon his shelves, he is only here to make us feel comfortable and safe in our environment, accomplishing the job he has been given day in and day out.