Choir Members take on Region 24 and other Elite programs

Lebanon Trail Choir Students show off their talent by making it to the Regional Choir and competing in the upcoming pre-area auditions for this month. 

First off, Choir Director Michael Buntyn spoke about the accomplishments that his class has succeeded in.

“They’re going to the next level and showing that they are among the best in the region,” Buntyn said. “And then for those that are going on to pre-area, they’re showing that they’re starting to be among the elite in the region and into the state, so that’s pretty amazing.” 

In addition, Buntyn explained how students have to put in a lot of independent effort to gain a good standing in the competition 

“There’s individual achievement in this and also a lot of us helping out and helping the kids to be successful, but first of all they have to take that first step,” Buntyn said.

Furthermore, Freshman Mehek Sharma shared how she felt about making it to the Regional Choir.

“It’s a big milestone because last year I did get into my middle school region choir, but that was just competing with middle schoolers,” Sharma said. “Here I’m competing with sophomores, juniors, and seniors, so it means a big accomplishment that I can sing among them.” 

Sharma had to practice every single day, but is honored to be a part of this year’s regional choir.  Freshman Faith Olores divulged into her personal experience while competing.

“It was overwhelming, intimidating and very stressful, but worth it.” Olores said.

Olores placed 5th chair as a new freshman while competing against upperclassmen. She will be moving forward to the pre-area advancements to compete with college-level music. 

I’m definitely going to try my best and put in all my effort,” Olores said. “Whatever the outcome is, I’ll enjoy it.”