Senior Sunrise

The Class of 2023 at senior sunrise cr: Shetty, Gia 09/07/2022

As the class of 2023 enters their final year of high school, Lebanon Trail’s student council organized a senior sunrise for everyone to meet up with their friends, watch the sunrise, listen to music, and enjoy a catered breakfast. 

Student council started planning senior sunrise over the summer, and a lot went into making the event a success. 

“Students had to decide what food and games they wanted to be at the event, when and where it would be held, and how to advertise effectively to get the best turn out,” student council advisor Mrs. Woodcock said.  “All of these components required planning ahead in order to get approval from admin and budgeting, etc.”

The event started at 6:30 a.m, and went on until around 8:30 a.m. 

I sat on the field and hung out with my friends,” senior Asra Yousuf said. “We also took pictures and went to eat breakfast after the sunrise.”

Many seniors were seen with their blankets out, talking to their friends, and taking pictures of the beautiful sunrise. 

My favorite part of the event was seeing all my friends and hanging out with them while watching the sunrise,” Asra said. 

The event served as a great way to savor a few peaceful moments where all the seniors were able to spend time with their friends and take in the fact that they’re graduating this year. 

There was a huge turnout and I think everyone had a lot of fun. We are all very happy with it,” Mrs. Woodcock said. “We hope Senior Sunrise becomes even more of a hit year after year!” 

The seniors really appreciated the effort that the student council put into organizing the event, including the food, games, decorations, and photo opportunities. 

I think the student council did a great job organizing the senior sunrise and I think there were a lot more people there than anticipated which shows how involved the seniors are in our school,” said Asra. “I think it was a great event that everybody should try to go to even if it’s really early in the morning!”