Stress Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Stress Week

Kelsey Burdick, Website Designer

From April 1st to April 5th, Lebanon Trail celebrated Stress Week. The purpose of the event is to ‘learn about the effects of stress and ways to reduce it’.

Monday was ‘Mindfulness Monday’. During A Block of lunch in the dance room, Mrs. Vanessa Sanford gave a presentation on the Mindfulness Movement. On Tuesday during A and B Block of lunch in the Lecture Hall, Mrs. Sanford presented ‘Talk about it Tuesday’.

‘Walk it off Wednesday’ allowed students to walk on the track during A Block of lunch. ‘Take a Break Thursday’ was pajama day, where students showed off their sleepwear. In the cafeteria during A Block of lunch, students played ‘Stress Trivia’. On ‘Free of Stress Friday’, students popped balloons in the cafeteria.

Additionally, motivational signs were hung in the hallways as a source of inspiration for students.

When asked about their thoughts on stress, the LTHS student body had a lot to say.

“I get stressed out when there’s too much on my schedule.” Said Joy Wang, a Freshman. “I deal with stress by sleeping.”

“My WHAP class stresses me out the most because it’s college level and it’s like the only I class I can’t keep an A in and it bugs me,” Mentioned Gabby Ross, class of 2021. “I deal with stress usually by listening to music; classical or Broadway show tunes…whatever I’m in the mood for.”

“I have to balance my courses and activities,” Sophomore Sofia Zaman added. “I allow myself to have breaks and I know my limitations.”

As the year goes on, LTHS students will continue to work around their stress and navigate their schedules.