We wish you a Non-Demoninational Holiday and a Happy 2nd Semester

The winter holiday season is upon us and it is clearly evident. I’m sure you’ve noticed all of the SUVs and minivans with crooked antlers and pitiful red tufts of cotton on the car front-end as well as the holiday lights lining the Deerfield neighborhood that signals aliens of the inevitable winter holidays. There is only 6 days left until winter break is upon all of Frisco ISD and many students rejoice at the idea of having two weeks off from school.

Although I love the fact that we get a well-needed break between the first and second semester, there is also reason to worry about school post-winter break. Starting January 8, the dreaded second semester will be upon the students and teachers of Frisco ISD.

Let me tell you from experience, the second semester is the peak of pain for students in their core classes. I hope you’re ready for more English papers, Science tests, Math CBAs, & History DBQs. The second semester is like the final boss in a video game that comes right after multiple minibosses.

My main point is to try and “loot materials” this winter break and to be sure you have the necessary tools mentally and physically. There is in fact still school after December 21. Don’t spend all of winter break stressing about the imminent doom that comes with the second semester but just keep in mind the last days leading up to January 8.