Weekend Warriors

Weekend+Warriors

This past weekend Lebanon Trail wrestling and Emerald Elite excelled in their competitions.

The wrestling team competed at district, the most competitive in Texas, and six sophomore students placed. Jacey Burreson won first place, and is now a two-time district varsity champion. Also placing is Max Hampton in second place, Katy Baker in 3rd place, and in sixth place was Dylan Lyles, Shreeka Kumar, and Caden Laycock. The wrestling matches will continue to this weekend as Jacey, Max, and Katy work to compete at Independence High School in regional championships.

Also competing from Lebanon Trail is the drill team Emerald Elite, who participated at the Crowd Pleaser’s North Dallas Showcase at Independence High School on Saturday, February 10th. Many awards were won after the team completed four team routines, three officer routines, one sergeant routine, and eight solos. In the Officer Super Sweepstakes they won first Runner-Up Small JV Officer Grand Champions. Then in the Team Super Sweepstakes, they won first place in Small JV Team Military, first in Small JV Team Contemporary, first in Small JV Team Pom, second in Small JV Team Novelty, the Team Academic Excellence Award, and first Runner-Up Small JV Team Grand Champions. Also, Avery Walker won sixth Runner-Up Junior Soloist.

Be sure to congratulate fellow Trail Blazers this week on their accolades as they continue to compete in various competitions for the school.